Website Alberta Health Services
Alberta Health Services currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a AHS Hiring – Assistant Head Nurse for Part Time at their offices in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||AHS Hiring – Assistant Head Nurse||Company Name:||Alberta Health Services||Job Location:||Red Deer, Alberta, Canada||Job Type:||Part Time||Job Category:||Alberta Health Services||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The preferred candidate for this unit is one who has a passion for the obstetrical population and their families. The Assistant Head Nurse reports to the Manager of Labour, Delivery, Antepartum, Postpartum and the OBS Clinic and demonstrates the ability to consistently maintain and facilitate effective relationships with in an interdisciplinary setting. This environment is suitable for candidates who have current Labour, Delivery, and Postpartum experience in a Level II or III center, certification or additional education in the OBS specialty area charge nurse experience, and past leadership training. Recent facilitation or management/leadership experience is an asset. You are self-motivated, progressive, results orientated with experience in the supervision of nursing care. You possess the ability to effectively mentor and act as a clinical resource for the team while applying evidence based knowledge and critical analysis of patient care needs. You have demonstrated efficient utilization of financial and clinical resources. At the unit and department level, you have participated in quality improvement activities and contributed to the development and revision of policies and procedures. You proactively take responsibility for maintaining competence through professional development activities. You demonstrate the ability to anticipate and problem solve issues while initiating effective solutions.
- As an Assistant Head Nurse, you will be responsible for staff assignments, patient flow and acting as a role model, clinical resource and advocate for nursing staff.
- In addition to providing frontline nursing care, as required, you will take a leadership role in the promotion of quality patient care and the implementation of operational priorities.
- You will play a key role in providing safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Level II or III antepartum/postpartum clinical setting required.
- Inter-professional Communication. Patient/Client/Family/Community-Centered Care.
- Ability to balance numerous demands and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work within a team environment and to effectively contribute to patient and family care planning processes.
- Understanding of teaching/learning concepts
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Competence in relevant technical nursing skills and a willingness to learn new skills as required.
- Current IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) Certification as asset.
- Demonstrated ongoing responsibility for maintaining own continuing competence through professional development activities.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Perinatal certification an asset.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
Qualification & Experience:
- Your in-depth knowledge and skills, advanced judgment and clinical experience, will assist in providing solutions for complex health care issues at all levels with patients, interprofessional teams, administrators and policy makers.
- 2 years proficient progressive leadership and facilitation experience preferred.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A