Website Alberta Health Services
Alberta Health Services currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a AHS Hiring – Dietitian for Full Time at their offices in Slave Lake, AB, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||AHS Hiring – Dietitian||Company Name:||Alberta Health Services||Job Location:||Slave Lake, AB, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Alberta Health Services||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
This Dietitian I position covers the communities of Slave Lake and Wabasca and offers a dietitian a variety of experiences with clients in acute care, long-term care, and home care. Home care clients can reside in their own homes, lodges, or supportive living facilities. This position also links with the Alberta Healthy Living Program to provide group education to help clients manage chronic diseases. Collaboration with all team members, from front line food services staff to physicians, is required to ensure appropriate nutrition care. Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge, skills, and judgment required for independent practice. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with colleagues and clients as a member of a team. Evidence of effective client interviewing, counseling skills in individual and group settings. In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
- You may be responsible for nutrition assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of nutrition care plans.
- You may plan and provide public health nutrition services and education programs to promote healthy living and disease prevention for clients/groups in facilities or community settings.
- As a Dietitian I, you may provide nutrition expertise to patients (clients, residents) in various AHS facilities and community settings to achieve nutrition and health outcomes.
- Nutrition education is provided to students and other healthcare professionals to support delivery of evidence based nutrition information.
Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge, skills, and judgment required for independent practice.
Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with colleagues and clients as a member of a team.
Evidence of effective client interviewing, counseling skills in individual and group settings.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Foods and Nutrition.
- Completion of an internship program or practicum training program accredited by the Dietitians of Canada. Active or eligible for registration with the College of Dietitians of Alberta (CDA).
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Slave Lake, AB, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A