Website Alberta Health Services
Alberta Health Services currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a AHS Jobs – Rehabilitation Attendant for Part Time at their offices in Westlock, AB, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||AHS Jobs – Rehabilitation Attendant||Company Name:||Alberta Health Services||Job Location:||Westlock, AB, Canada||Job Type:||Part Time||Job Category:||Alberta Health Services||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Reporting to the Manager and under the clinical direction and supervision of therapists, the Recreation Therapy Attendant will contribute to effective and efficient rehabilitation services across the health continuum (healthy living, getting better, living with illness/disease, end of life) in accordance with established practices and procedures. The Recreation Therapy Attendant fulfills four key roles: Service Provider: Supports the therapist with direct and indirect client care and non-client service provision, including functional and goal oriented services to clients, families, groups, and communities. Collaborator: Works effectively with internal and external partners to optimize services. Life Long Learner: Enhances competency and service through reflective practice and continuous learning. Paraprofessional: Applies professionalism and ethics to the provision of person-centered care and participation in care teams.
- Your role may include administrative duties such as ordering supplies, booking clients, tracking attendances, equipment inventory and preparing/cleaning the treatment area.
- Under the direction of a supervising recreation therapist, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, audiologist, speech language pathologist or therapy assistant, you will prepare and/or apply routine interventions, promote patient (client, resident) healthy living, self-care independence and motivate clients to actively participate in assigned therapy protocols or programs.
- As a Rehabilitation Attendant, you will be working both independently and as part of the interdisciplinary team where you will contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of rehabilitation services.
- You may assist with client lifts and transfers, positioning, and basic activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL) within the context of the therapy program.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support, Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) required.
- Class 4 Driver’s License and the ability to safely operate a Handi-bus must be required.
- Completion from an accredited Recreation Therapy Attendant program or consideration will be given to equivalent training. (Norquest Certificate Program).
- Physically able to perform client handling duties.
Qualification & Experience:
Relevant experience in a rehabilitation setting or applicable health care setting is an asset. Preference to Geriatric experience.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Westlock, AB, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A