Website Alberta Health Services
Alberta Health Services currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Alberta Health Services Careers – Community Tester for Full Time at their offices in Westlock, AB, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Alberta Health Services Careers – Community Tester||Company Name:||Alberta Health Services||Job Location:||Westlock, AB, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Alberta Health Services||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Community Tester reports to the Managers of Immunization and Rapid Response and works regularly with site Clinical Leads. We are seeking individuals from a variety of professional backgrounds, with a calm/ positive approach, skilled in interacting efficiently while testing high volumes of clients. Responsibilities include: prepare for and conduct testing via nasopharyngeal swab and/or throat swabs, for all age groups, with both symptomatic and asymptomatic populations, testing is offered for both ambulatory clients and clients presenting for testing within their vehicles; repetitive data and record management; stand, walk, lift, pull, push, bend and carry during the shift; appropriate use of full Personal Protective Equipment between clients; work across a variety of testing sites and locations in North Zone depending on demand and staffing and is also involved in outreach activities to test vulnerable populations. To be able to respond to the evolving/changing needs related to the Covid-19 response, you may be cross-trained to enable reassignment to other Covid-19 response areas, such as Contact Tracing and Health Link as the needs arise.
- Under the guidance of our Medical Officers of Health, the role adheres to AHS documentation guidelines and lab testing policy, procedures, and standards.
- As the appropriate use of full Personal Protective Equipment (masks, gowns, gloves, eye protection) is also required to perform testing, the staff must adhere to all AHS Infection,
- Prevention and Control requirements, guidelines, and practices and are required to take continued precautions wherever required, including at break and meal times.
- The Community Tester supports infectious disease testing and prevention from a population health lens.
- Working as a member of an interdisciplinary team, staff prepare, test clients, document, and finalize tested samples for the lab.
- Staff may be required to work at various locations as designated, based on need, demand, and changing service locations.
- Establishes and maintains effective liaison with multidisciplinary team to ensure coordinated services are provided; must demonstrate working as a team player.
- Demonstrates ethical practice and professionalism in working with clients, peers, and other health care providers, and the public in a culturally competent manner. Recognizes safety issues and reports appropriately.
- Demonstrated learning path of continuing competency through ongoing professional development including participation in education programs, research and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Effective organizational, planning and time management abilities.
- Demonstrates high flexibility and adaptability, in addition to the ability to support orientation of new employees, and preceptorship of students, and work across all assessment centre sites. Ability to be self-directed and exercise strong independent clinical judgment.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Ability to stand, twist, lean, walk, bend and reach for the majority of the shift.
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of an accredited education program, college, or university.
- Ability to perform nasal pharyngeal and/or throat swabbing within your professional scope of practice. Active or eligible for registration with the applicable regulatory college (i.e. CARNA, CLPNA, ACSLPA, Alberta College of Paramedics, ADA&C, CMA, ACOT, CPSA, CRPNA, CARTA, ACSLPA, ACCLXT, CADA, CRDHA, CMLTA, ACMDTT, CAP, or CDA). Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP)
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Westlock, AB, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A