ATCO currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a ATCO Energy Careers – Utility Operator, Labourer for Temporary at their offices in Red Deer, AB, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||ATCO Energy Careers – Utility Operator, Labourer||Company Name:||ATCO||Job Location:||Red Deer, AB, Canada||Job Type:||Temporary||Job Category:||ATCO||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
We are looking for self-motivated Temporary Utility Operators/Labourer to join us in the exciting work we do in ATCO Natural Gas. You will be part of our Operations or Construction team and will be responsible for a wide variety of entry-level field and service activities. Within the scope of the job, you will ensure safety, reliability and efficiency in accordance with company, provincial and municipal codes and procedures.
We’re looking for someone who cares about their work and strives for more each day. Someone who challenges the status quo, embraces change, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. If you are someone who approaches work with passion, curiosity and the courage to innovate, then this role is for you.
- Driving vehicles up to 2 tons
- Hand digging, shoveling and backfilling
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Operating vehicles, equipment and small tools
- Landscaping and site cleanup
- Support our team of Operators in the construction, maintenance and repair of the underground Natural Gas Distribution System
- Perform leak surveys utilizing sensitive detection equipment to check for potential underground and above ground leaks
- Ability to interpret plans, working drawings and material specification is desirable.
- Be able to obtain an In-House Operator’s Certificate and may be required to obtain a higher class or certification as needed.
- Must be able to obtain the appropriate company required certificates and successfully complete the required courses.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, decision making skills, strong work ethic, and be able to maintain and promote good working relationships and excellent customer service.
- Familiarity with various regulatory codes governing the natural gas industry is desirable.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of tools and equipment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Related experience in the upstream gas utility system, meter reading and AMR devices is desirable.
- Grade 12 Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a valid Alberta Class “5” driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract. Class “1” driver’s license is desirable.
- Experience with safety policies, procedures and Occupational Health and Safety regulations is desirable.
- Previous experience in utility distribution systems is desirable.
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Red Deer, AB, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A