ATCO currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a ATCO Gas Careers – Measurement, Automation for Full Time at their offices in Red Deer, AB, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||ATCO Gas Careers – Measurement, Automation||Company Name:||ATCO||Job Location:||Red Deer, AB, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||ATCO||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
We are seeking Measurement, Automation and Communications Technologists to join our team in a field-based position. This position is responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of systems, facilities, and equipment used in natural gas measurement, electronics & instrumentation, process control & automation, and SCADA communications. This position may also assist the Foreman or Senior Technologist with large scale or complex projects, provide mentorship and technical development of staff, monitoring of contract work, and other related tasks.
We’re looking for someone who cares about their work and strives for more each day. Someone who challenges the status quo, embraces change, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. If you are someone who approaches work with passion, curiosity and the courage to innovate, then this role is for you.
- Pneumatic and electronic valve controllers and positioners
- Determine and resolve deviations or inconsistencies related to measurement points within ATCO Natural Gas systems.
- Assist with material requisitions and receipt, stock inventory
- Keep up to date on technological changes in general and as applicable to company systems.
- Assist with or independently install, commission, inspect, calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot a variety of systems in the field including:
- Perform Hazard Assessments, Worksite Safety Inspections and QC inspections to ensure that work is performed in compliance with
- Company quality and safety Standards.
- Provide a lead role in coordination and completion of Capital and Operations and Maintenance projects, assisting or providing technical guidance, training, mentoring and direction to colleagues including other operating groups as required.
- Perform joint interest inspections (Measurement Canada field and GC inspections).
- Prepare Capital Improvement Requests (CIRs) and related reports pertaining to system problems or enhancements.
- Interface with other internal groups such as Engineering, Field Operations, Measurement Integrity, Control Centre, etc.
- Measurement devices such as orifice, turbine, rotary, and ultrasonic meters, and associated flow computers
- Analytical equipment such as Gas Chromatographs, H2S Analyzers, and Moisture Analyzers
- Instrumentation such as flow, temperature, pressure, and level sensors including smart transmitters, solenoid valves, supply panels, etc.
- Demonstrated abilities in the areas of:
- Verbal and written communication skills, decision making skills, and strong work ethics, and ability to maintain and promote good working relationships and excellent customer service.
- Proficiency with personal computers and PC applications (Microsoft suite).
- Understanding and experience with microprocessor and mechanical based measurement and control equipment
- Eligible to be recognized by A.S.E.T. as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET).
- Must have a valid Alberta Class “5” drivers’ license and a valid In-House Operator’s Certificate.
- Must have familiarity and working knowledge of applicable Company and regulatory body standards, codes, policies and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in Instrumentation, Electronics or Telecommunications from a two-year technology program with a recognized technical institute.
- Experience with IBM Maximo is an asset
- Experience working with a midstream or downstream natural gas pipeline operator is an asset
- Demonstrated competencies and experience as a Measurement, Automation and Communications Technologist.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Red Deer, AB, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A