ATCO currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a ATCO Power Jobs – Powerline Technician for Full Time at their offices in Vermilion, BC, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||ATCO Power Jobs – Powerline Technician||Company Name:||ATCO||Job Location:||Vermilion, BC, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||ATCO||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Under the direction and leadership of the Supervisor, Operations this position is responsible for the construction, operation and maintenance of the Transmission and Distribution system, equipment and company facilities in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures, the Alberta Utility Code and other regulatory requirements and will be expected to actively participate in setting and achieving personal and district goals. The position is also key in the delivery of superior customer service and maintaining positive customer relations. Work will also require assisting in the development of PLT Apprentice positions and other new employees.
We’re looking for someone who cares about their work and strives for more each day. Someone who challenges the status quo, embraces change, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. If you are someone who approaches work with passion, curiosity and the courage to innovate, then this role is for you.
- Identifies and evaluates operating problems and assists in determining long term/short term solutions.
- Constructs, operates, inspects and maintains overhead and underground power lines, substation and related apparatuses, and street lighting systems.
- Investigate, assess and recommend corrective actions to customer complaints.
- Assists in the supervision of contracted labour (construction crews, hydrovac etc).
- Installs and uses electrical apparatus, including OVR, OCRs, gang switches, fusing.
- Interpret and applies applicable terms, conditions and policies.
- Participates and assists in the organization of company sponsored community relations activities.
- Works on energized electrical circuits, including live line processes necessary to perform work.
- Responds to customer service requests, retailer directed activities (connect, disconnect and collection), power quality issues etc. in a complete and timely manner.
- Assists in commissioning new construction for compliance and operating needs.
- Assists electrical technicians in the installation and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Performs standby duties, including emergency response.
- Schedules outages and prepares switching orders.
- Performs system switching, ensuring adherence to Electrical Operations Standards (EOS) and necessary clearances/permits are obtained.
- Demonstrated skills in training of apprentices and development of team and individual performance.
- A proven safe work record, including diver’s abstract.
- Previous on call and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of live line techniques using bare hand, sticks and 25kv rubber glove work achieved through live line training is preferred.
- Ability to obtain Class 1 or Class 3 Operator’s License.
- Valid Class 5 vehicle operator’s license.
- Valid Journeyman Powerline Technician Certificate.
- Ability to obtain Interprovincial Red Seal.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience through a Powerline apprenticeship program.
- Personal computer experience is an asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vermilion, BC, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A