Website Bank of Canada
Bank of Canada currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Bank of Canada Internship – Student Policy Analyst for Internship at their offices in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Bank of Canada Internship – Student Policy Analyst||Company Name:||Bank of Canada||Job Location:||Ottawa, ON, Canada||Job Type:||Internship||Job Category:||Bank of Canada||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Many Canadians continue to use cash and few have plans to go cashless in the next five years. Although they have increasingly adopted online shopping and digital forms of payments, demand for cash in Canada increased through the pandemic from $83 billion to $100 billion by the end of 2020. 59 percent of Canadians reported that they used cash for transactions in the Bank’s November 2020 survey.
That said, the shares of volume and value of transactions made with cash continue to decline. Cash is used for 40% of low-value transactions and older, less-educated and low-income Canadians use cash for more of their transactions than other Canadians do. Changes in cash use and innovation in the payments ecosystem (including central bank digital currencies) are creating, or have the potential to create, challenges in the cash system including access to cash, acceptance of cash, quality and infrastructure efficiency. Canadians count on us to plan for the future of cash and continue to provide access to adequate supplies of secure bank notes they can use with confidence and pride.
- draft briefing notes, research reports and presentations on various cash-related topics.
- Knowledge of the Currency function at the Bank.
- Monitor and analyze trends and developments in currency and payments ecosystems, to improve the quality and robustness of the team’s analysis function.
- Gather, validate and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to inform team projects.
- Research specific topics relating to currency issues and the future of cash.
- Knowledge of the payments ecosystem.
- Language requirement: English or French essential
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Security level required: Be eligible to obtain Reliability
- The official title for this position is “ Student – Business Analysis ”
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and further to public health guidelines, preventative measures are being taken to ensure health and safety during the recruitment process. All interviews are conducted virtually.
Qualification & Experience:
- You must be currently enrolled in a university or college program as a full-time, part-time, or co-op student in public policy, law, business or economics.
Company: Bank of Canada
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A