Website British Columbia Institute of Technology
British Columbia Institute of Technology currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a BCIT Job Opportunities – Executive Assistant for Full Time at their offices in Burnaby, BC, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||BCIT Job Opportunities – Executive Assistant||Company Name:||British Columbia Institute of Technology||Job Location:||Burnaby, BC, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||BCIT||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
BCIT’s Human Resource Vice President’s Office is currently seeking a regular, full-time Executive Assistant to the VP HR. This role provides administrative assistance to the Vice President, Human Resources & People Development, coordinating all administrative activities to ensure efficient day-to-day operation of the Vice President’s office. Prepares materials of a sensitive and confidential nature, coordinates the Vice President’s calendar, and arranges functions and events. Assists the Vice President’s in coordinating internal and external communications and the flow of information. Supports the Vice President in their development of strategies and plans, including the annual budget. Carries out special assignments, which may involve research and analysis activities.
- Assists the Vice President by coordinating internal and external communications, and the flow of related information and documentation. Liaises internally with office of the President, Vice President, management and staff, and externally with educational institutions, government, business and other organizations.
- Responds to queries/issues within scope of the role, or redirects as appropriate.
- Carries out special assignments, which may involve research and analysis activities. Participates as a member of various task teams, committees and initiatives, providing an administrative perspective and support.
- Assists the Vice President in their development of divisional strategies and plans, and tracking of related achievements. Coordinates development and preparation of annual budget, including projections and recommendations; monitors budget and processes expenses, ensuring adherence to related policies.
- Coordinates the Vice President calendar by scheduling internal and external meetings and appointments, resolving scheduling conflicts, and compiling all related materials for the Vice President’s reference.
- Coordinates all administrative activities, ensuring the efficient day-to-day operation of the Vice President’s office. Includes developing and maintaining the necessary administrative processes and procedures.
- Assists the Vice President by preparing of a wide range of materials, often of a sensitive and confidential nature. Includes correspondence, presentations, reports, spreadsheets, minutes, records, and other documents that support the Vice President in their ongoing activities.
- Orders office supplies and coordinates maintenance activities through liaison with internal and external service providers and suppliers. Resolves office technology issues, liaising with IT support and/or vendors as necessary.
- Basic analytical skills with ability to identify the root cause of administrative problems and take action to resolve.
- Advanced proficiency with standard office systems and applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Solid organization skills with ability to deal with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to provide clear explanations of policy, procedure, and other factual information.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an executive assistant or other senior administrative role.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Completion of Grade 12 plus up to two years of post-secondary education, including courses in business and office administration and financial management.
Company: British Columbia Institute of Technology
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A