Website City of Calgary
City of Calgary currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Calgary Employment – Operations Engineer for Full Time at their offices in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Calgary Employment – Operations Engineer||Company Name:||City of Calgary||Job Location:||Calgary, Alberta, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Calgary||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Water Utility’s field operations consist of three divisions that work collaboratively to operate, repair and maintain the linear and related infrastructure for the drinking water distribution system, and the wastewater and storm water collection systems. By ensuring our water systems are reliable and resilient, the Field Operations provides Calgarians with the essential services they value.
You are a collaborative engineer with a strong work ethic and a passion for public service. You will contribute to our vision by planning, designing and implementing maintenance and asset management strategies and processes to ensure the reliability of our drinking water collection system. This role(s) will report into the Operational Performance, Drinking Water Distribution, Water Services group. You will help to ensure the quality of the water delivered to our citizens and sustainably manage the lifecycle of the potable water infrastructure for the City of Calgary. Primary duties include:
- Support the optimization, capture and use of operational and maintenance related information in our asset management system.
- Analyze available data pertaining to assets (condition, criticality, age, costs) to determine optimized plans for future operations, maintenance, growth, renewal and replacement.
- Contribute to the further development of Risk, Levels of Service and Asset Management Plan documentation.
- Support annual and long-term maintenance planning and analysis of Water linear infrastructure to minimize the lifecycle cost and risks of these Water assets.
- Support and monitor annual capital programs for replacement and rehabilitation of assets.
- Coordinate condition assessments, plan and schedule asset repairs, and provide corrective actions based on condition assessment results and operational observations.
- Work with cross-functional teams in developing and testing operational and performance improvement initiatives.
- Support lifecycle analysis and costing, risk analysis, as well as statistical and data mining techniques to support strategic and operational needs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Canada, and current licensure as a Professional Engineer with the Association of
- Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) by the first day of work.
- A degree in Engineering, with preference given to civil disciplines with water distribution experience.
- Previous experience with data analysis will be considered an asset.
- Access to a personal vehicle for occasional business use and the ability to obtain a City of Calgary operator’s permit.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerits, or a Graduated Driver’s License (GDL) with no more than 4 demerits, with no current suspensions or charges pending.
- Previous experience with site hazard assessments, standard operating procedures, confined space requirements, Workplace
- Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) knowledge of hazardous gasses and materials and/or incident reporting.
Company: City of Calgary
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A