Website Canada Post
Canada Post currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Canada Post Job Opportunities – Officer, Project Planning and Control for Full Time at their offices in Calgary, AB, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Canada Post Job Opportunities – Officer, Project Planning and Control||Company Name:||Canada Post||Job Location:||Calgary, AB, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Canada Post||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Officer, Project Planning and Control is responsible for the quality of plans and control processes within corporate projects. He or she prepares high level and detailed project plans and estimates to support the Director and/or uses same for project fulfilment. Monitors project activity, flags key issues and provides status reports to the Director. He or she is also responsible for tracking all change requests (as appropriate) and for adjusting project baselines as required and/or using the adjusted baselines in project fulfilment. The officer develops, maintains and tracks progress of the risk management plan including working with sensitive and protected information pertaining to labour strategies and possible workforce adjustments.
- Tracks progress of risks or expenditures and identifies issues including confidential labour relations topics.
- Tracks all change requests and adjusts the project baseline as required
- Monitors project activity flags key issues and provides status reports to the Director.
- Documents and updates the business case
- Updates the risk management plan
- Identifies opportunities to address schedule and cost issues
- Establishes project baseline for project performance measurement
- Analyzes issues to determine the impact on project schedule, costs and benefits
- Adjusts the project baseline as required
- Prepares project status reports and presentations for review by stakeholders, including union consultation(s) as required
- Works with project team members to develop resource and cost estimates
- Works with project team members to develop schedule estimates
- Administers all requests for changes through change control process
- Maintains key issues log and tracks progress
- Works with team members to develop the risk management or expenditure plan including confidential labour strategies and workforce adjustments
- Develops, maintains and tracks progress of the risk management plan or expenditure plan for the Director.
- Works with the project director / manager in preparing and presenting the project details to the corporation’s union(s) as required.
- Develops and maintains detailed project plans for the Project Director.
- Ensures that accepted changes have been incorporated into individual work plans.
- Tracks actual, forecast schedule and cost performance and incorporates scheduled updates, and earned value to identify problem areas by developing and maintaining detailed and summary project cost reports, and detailed and summary schedule performance reports
- Prepares the project work breakdown structure from project team member input
- Identifies task dependencies, relationships and the critical path
- Strong communication, analytical, and customer service skills
- Enrollment in specific designation and or certifications programs may be required for certain positions (e.g. Finance & Engineering).
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in project support office supporting projects or knowledge of gathering business requirements is an asset
- 1 to 3 years of relevant functional experience
- One or more years of experience in a unionized environment an asset
- Experience in plant process design, major equipment installation or IT related projects is an asset
- Completed post-secondary, preferably in a related field OR a combination of equivalent professional experience and training
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A