Website City of Calgary
City of Calgary currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a City of Calgary Careers – Leader, Safety Systems & Risk for Full Time at their offices in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||City of Calgary Careers – Leader, Safety Systems & Risk||Company Name:||City of Calgary||Job Location:||Calgary, Alberta, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Calgary||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The City is making a transformational cultural shift in how we approach Occupational Health and Safety (OHS). As a Leader within Corporate Safety and Security (CSS), your passion and commitment to building strong and trusted relationships with stakeholders will be forefront in that cultural shift. This new role leads a team of six to eight safety professionals who will focus on corporate risk and safety management systems that are essential tools in supporting our front-line employees. Your leadership style must be steadfast, methodical, and adaptable as you work with CSS Managers, other CSS Leaders and every business unit in The City to build a new team focused on safety data management, risk assessments and contractor safety. Finally, your communication skills will enhance collaboration and fairmindedness as you and your team will support our project managers to build The City safely, seamlessly manage a safety data system and evaluate risk. You will make a real difference every day. Your duties will include:
- Lead a team of risk specialists who evaluate our corporate safety risk to support continual improvement of corporate and client OHS management systems.
- Lead a team of specialized program managers who manage a core safety data systems used for incident investigations, reporting dashboards and inspections.
- Oversee the Contractor Safety program enhancing safe workplaces for contractors, employees and the public.
- Provide meaningful and accurate OHS performance reports and analysis to support strategic decision-making.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with senior management, business units, business partners, other Safety Leaders, safety champions and key stakeholders to achieve outcomes.
- Champion the proactive reductions of workplace injuries and illnesses while supporting The City’s operational needs.
- Mentor a team of highly specialized safety professionals who work collaboratively with all City business units.
- Success in this position requires continuous improvement through a proactive, risk-based approach to safety management and engaging and developing others.
- A Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation will be considered a strong asset.
- A Class 5 Driver’s Licence (or provincial equivalent) and the use of a personal vehicle (subsidised) for business purposes is required.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
- Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 8 years of total related experience that includes: managing an OHS management system from both a tactical and a strategic perspective, safety auditing, occupational hygiene, contractor management, project management, hazard control, incident management, and corporate reporting.
- At least 4 years in a senior OHS leadership role that involves managing OHS professionals.
- A thinker, empathetic, a natural leader, and can get projects across the finish line.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- A degree in a related discipline, such as: technical systems management, risk assessment, safety, biological or health science, or industrial hygiene.
Company: City of Calgary
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A