Website City of Calgary
City of Calgary currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a City of Calgary Job Application – Park Infrastructure Lead for Full Time at their offices in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||City of Calgary Job Application – Park Infrastructure Lead||Company Name:||City of Calgary||Job Location:||Calgary, Alberta, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Calgary||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Reporting to the Manager of Parks Amenities & Customer Service, the Parks Infrastructure Lead is responsible for the planning & coordinating of a city-wide portfolio which manages all above-ground, hard landscape assets (excluding pathways, trails & washrooms) on public park designated lands. The Parks Infrastructure Lead contributes to identifying short, medium & long-term strategic priorities, city-wide initiatives & oversight of operating & capital budget requirements. Primary duties include:
- Anticipate business needs, research best practices, identify gaps in processes/procedures/service and develop performance improvements.
- Provide customer service including response to citizen and councillor enquiries.
- Lead and coach direct reports, including hiring, time approval, performance management and health & safety.
- Ensure resources are optimally assigned as needed and deadlines are met.
- Provide oversight on the management and procurement of multiple contracts.
- Implement program strategic direction and set priorities.
- Represent City of Calgary at regulatory organizations e.g., Canadian Standards Authority (CSA).
- Direct and manage capital improvement, life cycle and maintenance projects.
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
- Excellent communication, strategic thinking, problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
- Must obtain a City of Calgary operator’s permit.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- The ability to develop strong relationships and provide coaching and performance management to staff.
Qualification & Experience:
- A completed 2 year Landscape Gardener Diploma and at least 8 years of related experience; OR
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence (or provincial equivalent), with no more than 6 demerits and no current suspensions or charges pending OR a valid
- Graduated Driver’s Licence (GDL) with no more than 4 demerits and no current suspensions or charges pending is required.
- A degree in landscape architecture, urban studies, geography or related field and aat least 6 years of related experience.
- Previous leadership experience and knowledge of The City’s procurement processes will be considered assets.
Company: City of Calgary
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A