Website City of Calgary
City of Calgary currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a City of Calgary Job Postings – Anti-Racism Strategic Advisor for Full Time at their offices in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||City of Calgary Job Postings – Anti-Racism Strategic Advisor||Company Name:||City of Calgary||Job Location:||Calgary, Alberta, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Calgary||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Anti-Racism Strategic Advisor will support the work of the community stream as part of the Anti-Racism program team. You will be responsible for creating strategies that identify opportunities to work with community partners and organizations on actions to address structural racism on a community-wide level that will ensure respectful, equitable, inclusive, and fair service delivery to Indigenous and Racialized Calgarians. This is a unique position because it requires the ability to exercise a flexible, anti-racist, anti-oppressive, and non-judgmental approach to people and work. Primary duties include:
- Support the Anti-Racism Action Committee by maintaining committee documents/records, acting as a resource to Committee Co-Chairs and supporting external consultants.
- Partner with the Organization Public Safety Lead and City service owners to review internal practices and policies. Support development of strategies and actions to address issues.
- Develop external presentations.
- Lead and facilitate program/project chartering sessions. Develop and maintain project management systems to track deliverables, workflow and prioritization.
- Facilitate strategic planning discussions with stakeholders to identify priorities, actions and timelines. Lead the development of an anti-racism strategy and implementation plan.
- Work with the Community Lead to gather feedback from stakeholders on areas that need improvement. Facilitate or participate in community discussions and conduct research & analysis.
- Provide responses to inquiries, requests for information, challenges and opportunities.
- Provide subject matter expertise on anti-racism approaches, evaluative program design and best practices.
- Support the implementation and develop progress reports, briefing notes, Council reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated competencies in strategic and analytical thinking, decision making, leadership, report writing and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- High level of trust and reliability to support the fast-paced, high profile, and politically sensitive program activities is required.
A high level of political acumen and ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders while exercising initiative and good judgment.
Qualification & Experience:
- A graduate degree in public administration, humanities (For example, social work or sociology), political science or related field and at least 3 years of progressively more responsible experience in a related area.
- Lived experience as a member of an underrepresented community or experience working with and as an ally for persons from an underrepresented community is an asset.
- Experience in areas such as anti-racism, human rights, diversity & inclusion, strategic program development or organizational change is required.
- A degree in public administration, humanities (For example, social work or sociology), political science or related field and at least 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in a related area, OR:
Company: City of Calgary
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A