Website City of Calgary
City of Calgary currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a City of Calgary Part Time Jobs – Audit Associate for Full Time at their offices in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||City of Calgary Part Time Jobs – Audit Associate||Company Name:||City of Calgary||Job Location:||Calgary, Alberta, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Calgary||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
As an Audit Associate you will be involved in a wide variety of audit and advisory engagements that review Calgary Police Service (CPS) programs and operations. The Audit & Risk Management Unit serves as the CPS internal auditing and risk management function. As such, the unit provides independent and objective advice to management for the purpose of improving police operations. Specific duties include:
- Follow up on remediation of the findings with the work area’s management and ensure all outstanding audit issues are closed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Prepare audit reports and communicate results to appropriate parties, including senior management.
- Incorporate the assessment of EDI risks to inform future strategies and decision making.
- Evaluate internal controls and/or risk mitigations; identify opportunities for improvements/innovations; recommend control and process improvements to senior management.
- Evaluate the performance, efficiency and effectiveness of functions, programs or processes under review and their compliance with CPS policies and legislative requirements.
- Plan and develop audit scope, objectives and procedures for individual engagements, ensuring they are executed to a high standard of quality.
- Lead/Conduct/Participate in multiple audit engagements at a time and ensure the quality of the work.
- Integrate the use of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) risk and control matrix into risk, internal control, and audit operations.
- Perform detailed risk and control assessments of areas under audit consideration.
- Strong data analysis skills including the ability to use data analysis software to manipulate and draw inferences from large data sets.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
- A professional designation such as CPA, CPA CA, CMA or CIA would be considered an asset.
- You will be results focused, with relationship building skills that help coach and develop. You will be a good communicator who is effective and thorough and will be able to work effectively in a changing environment and be able to demonstrate analytical thinking.
- Thorough knowledge of auditing standards and techniques, control frameworks, risk management concepts, organizational theory and business process re-engineering.
- Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Qualification & Experience:
- A degree in Business Administration, Economics, or related field and a minimum of 4 years experience in operational or performance auditing in a government or other multi-industry environment.
- Previous EDI experience or training in reviewing culture and people-related risks and controls and the ability to identify gaps in culture and people-related processes will be considered as an asset.
Company: City of Calgary
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A