Website City of Ottawa
City of Ottawa currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a City of Ottawa Jobs – Summer Student Counsellor for Full Time at their offices in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||City of Ottawa Jobs – Summer Student Counsellor||Company Name:||City of Ottawa||Job Location:||Ottawa, ON, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Ottawa||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Recreation, Cultural and Facility Services department is responsible for building a healthy, inclusive and vibrant City, as well as ensuring that communities, residents and visitors have access to the recreation and cultural places, programs, events and services that allow them to experience all the benefits the City has to offer, and overseeing Buildings and Facilities Management for improved service delivery integration, ensuring the best possible client experience in City facilities.
- Understanding the development and recreational needs of children.
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Legislated training required by 2010
- City of Ottawa Core Training
- Applicable Ottawa Parks & Recreation policies and procedures.
- City of Ottawa cash handling procedures.
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the work place, and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and City policies and procedures.
- Leadership Development Certificate (LIT) is desirable
- Demonstrate strong sport/art background in required activity.
- Sound judgement in difficult situations
- Programming skills in arts/sport games, creative play.
- Ability to work in a team setting or independently
- Maintain a fun and safe environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and programming skills
- Ability to operate any required tools/equipment
- Must be able to relate to children and be a good role model
- Ability to accompany and supervise participants in a variety of environments.
- Technical skills for the appropriate program
- Good organization skills
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with preschoolers and/or school age children and/or youth.
- Must possess the training, experience and knowledge to organize the work and its performance.
Company: City of Ottawa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A