Website City of Vancouver
City of Vancouver currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a City of Vancouver Jobs – Security Attendant for Full Time at their offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||City of Vancouver Jobs – Security Attendant||Company Name:||City of Vancouver||Job Location:||Vancouver, BC, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Vancouver||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Security & Stage Door Attendant is responsible for providing a range of security, access control, customer service, first aid and safety functions at the Vancouver Civic Theatres (VCT) and its venues, The Queen Elizabeth Theatre, The Orpheum, The Vancouver Playhouse and the Orpheum Annex. The position responds to a variety of situations, both emergent and non-emergent in order to maintain a safe and secure environment.
This position reports to the Security and Operations Manager of Vancouver Civic Theatres (VCT), the position works as part of a team. Other contacts are VCT staff, clients, customers, performers and a variety of internal City departments such as Security and Facilities.
- Monitors and grants access in a timely fashion to appropriate staff, contractors and licensees.
- Responds to facility emergencies such as fire and security alarms or breaches of them.
- Coordinates pick-up and delivery of items at Stage Door with appropriate departments.
- Monitors security cameras covering a variety of locations during events and during non-event times.
- Responds to emergent situations as a priority and calls for appropriate assistance which may include police, ambulance or fire.
- Investigates unusual events or incidents and writes up detailed incident reports in a timely fashion as a written record, and advises Coordinator of same.
- Maintains records of keys, cards and other forms of access for staff, contractors, licensees and others to VCT facilities.
- Follows established protocols for lock up and closure of the facility to ensure buildings are secure.
- Performs foot patrols in designated locations on the VCT grounds and parking garage in order to maintain security.
- Receives and re-directs incoming mail for VCT.
- Receives and provides directions to visitors, staff, performers, stage crews and others entering the venue.
- Considerable knowledge of the procedures, practices and techniques related to security work, and providing access to venues.
- Demonstrated ability to understand priority situations and attend to them in a timely fashion.
- Ability to gain cooperation from others and to take effective measures in emergency situations.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position including walking long distances, up and down stairs under a variety of weather conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, complex and changing working environment.
- Good written communication skills and the ability to write reports as needed.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, and as part of a larger team.
- Ability to remain calm, alert and high functioning under stressful cond
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills to deal effectively and tactfully with difficult or potentially volatile situations.
- Working knowledge of the buildings, grounds, parking areas etc. that will be patrolled and/or secured.
Qualification & Experience:
- Occupational First Aid Level II required
- Serving It Right certification is preferred
- Security Officer Training – BST as a minimum required
- Completion of Grade 10 (preferably Grade 12) with a minimum of one year experience as a Security Officer in a related area or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Company: City of Vancouver
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A