Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a CMHC Careers – Accounting Clerk for Temporary at their offices in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||CMHC Careers – Accounting Clerk||Company Name:||Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation||Job Location:||Ottawa, ON, Canada||Job Type:||Temporary||Job Category:||CMHC||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eradicate racism and advance equity within CMHC and the housing system.
Join the Accounting Operations Team where we support housing affordability through effective and efficient execution of financial transactions. Your skills and passion for accounting, data analysis and process improvements will support the accounts payable (AP) and accounts receivable (AR) process execution and/or cash management transactions in order to efficiently support CMHC’s financial transactional needs.
- Participate in system and process improvements.
- Issue updated reports for external and internal clients for distribution and publication, when applicable.
- Process AP, AR, vendor requisitions and/or cash management transactions.
- Create and maintain vendor and customer master data records.
- Analyze and review financial reports, clarify and explain financial implications and issues.
- Support internal and external clients in understanding and adhering to requirements.
- Verify transactions submitted for processing, such as approvals, coding and supporting documentation, for compliance with applicable polices and guidelines.
- Follow up on outstanding transactions, prepare payment requests and journal vouchers, record receipts and collect AR.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve common goals
- Post-secondary education with a concentration in accounting or finance and experience in accounting-related
- positions with increasing responsibilities OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Demonstrated work experience in processing AP and AR transactions. Bookkeeping experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and good client service.
- Good knowledge of accepted accounting principles.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, enabling the balance of workloads and the prioritization ofrequests to meet deadlines.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1-3 years of recent work experience in an accounting-related position.
- Accounting degree or certificate would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Dynamics and the Microsoft suite.
- Demonstrated experience in applying corporate financial policies, practices and procedures.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A