Website Canadian Security Intelligence Service
Canadian Security Intelligence Service currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a CSIS Jobs – Foreign Language Communication Analyst for Full Time at their offices in Calgary, AB, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||CSIS Jobs – Foreign Language Communication Analyst||Company Name:||Canadian Security Intelligence Service||Job Location:||Calgary, AB, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||CSIS||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
This position will be of interest to individuals who are able to translate from one or more foreign languages identified below into French or English and who are able to work effectively as part of a team. As a Foreign Language Communications Analyst, you will read or listen to foreign language material, determine its relevance and importance as well as produce translations and draft reports based on the intelligence value in the material, to generate leads for investigations.
Under the direction of a Team Leader, you will be responsible for assessing, identifying oral and written communications and provide advice to management. This requires the ability to conduct extensive research and analysis on various subjects (social, economic, geopolitical and ethno-cultural), and be able to draw on your understanding of the culture concerned. As such, a keen interest in intelligence and politics is a must. Furthermore, the incumbent must be at ease working with computer systems and using social media.
- Foreign Language Communications Analyst are subject to one (1) year probationary period
- Analytical skills
- Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Candidates must successfully complete the Foreign Language Communications Analyst Training Course in Ottawa.
- Written tests will be administered in order to evaluate candidates’ language proficiency in a foreign language as well as in French or English.
- Ability to learn
- Organizational Skills / Multitasking
Qualification & Experience:
- Research and analysis is defined as experience in researching information via various databases and experience in analyzing information in order to make recommendations.
- Proficiency, at a specialized level**, in any of the languages listed above.
- Two (2) years of experience in research and analysis* and report writing.
- Experience in the use of computer applications, tools, and communications / social media apps.
- Experience with computer systems.
- Experience in working in a team environment.
Company: Canadian Security Intelligence Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A