Website Canadian Security Intelligence Service
Canadian Security Intelligence Service currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a CSIS Jobs – Human Resources for Internship at their offices in Calgary, AB, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||CSIS Jobs – Human Resources||Company Name:||Canadian Security Intelligence Service||Job Location:||Calgary, AB, Canada||Job Type:||Internship||Job Category:||CSIS||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
CSIS offers opportunities for students to gain valuable experience in business and administration, with the possibility to return for multiple placements in different areas. Students will be given the opportunity to cultivate their skills and knowledge by being paired with experienced employees who will provide feedback during the work term. They will have the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and experience before choosing a career specialization.
- Provide input and recommendations for changes to HR procedures and practices.
- Organize, prioritize and process administrative requests such as data entry and monthly reporting.
- Maintain and update HR documentation, databases and files;
- Investigate requirements or issues associated to positions and/or structures by researching historical information and classification decisions.
- Monitor recruitment process, contact applicants and coordinate various steps of the recruitment process;
- Respond to client inquiries in line with classification principles and best practices.
- Prepare assessment material, letters of offer, staffing reports;
conduct reference checks
- Assist in creating progressive strategies, practices and approaches to promote and foster equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Assist in implementing strategies and programs designed to advance equity, diversity and inclusion (e.g., accessibility, reconciliation, anti-racism, etc.).
- Assist in the preparation of training materials for meetings and information sessions
- Assist in analyzing data and trends to inform changes to program policies and communications
- Assist in the planning of events such as executive workshops and leadership matters initiatives
- Assist in processing overtime claims
- Work with internal stakeholders such as the communications branch and learning and development
- Coordinate Labour Relations (LR) activities by applying recognized methodologies and ensuring compliance with LR principles;
- Participate on special projects, research and development of communications
- Support the training section in the preparation / coordination of training material and tools
- Assess data regarding Human Resources programs to provide insight and comment on findings.
- Assist in organising recruitment fairs, info sessions, presentations or any special projects on recruiting strategies with external stakeholders
- Based on applicants’ experience and interest, other similar opportunities in an HR related field may be available.
- Business or Public Administration
- Bilingual Imperative (CBC/CBC)
- Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB)
- Human Resources
- English Essential (EE/AE)
- Bilingual Imperative (BBC/BBC)
- Labour or Industrial Relations
- Experience in human resources or administration (for example in administrative support functions where planning, organizing and coordinating actions/activities are required).
Company: Canadian Security Intelligence Service
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A