Website Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Fanshawe College Jobs – Sessional Personal Counsellor for Part Time at their offices in London, ON, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Fanshawe College Jobs – Sessional Personal Counsellor||Company Name:||Fanshawe College||Job Location:||London, ON, Canada||Job Type:||Part Time||Job Category:||Fanshawe College||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
In support of a healthy campus to learn, live and work, Fanshawe College moved the majority of our Academic, Support and Administrative operations online to curb the spread of COVID -19. Today, the majority of these services continue to be delivered remotely, however as public health guidelines allow for more in-person services, Fanshawe College has begun welcoming our community back for on-campus activities.
As an employee of Fanshawe College you may be required to work on-campus, remotely, or a combination thereof. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hire, and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position.
Fanshawe College strongly believes the key to maintaining a healthy campus and community, and to protect each other, is to adhere to all public health guidelines, including vaccination.
- Reporting to the Manager, Personal Counselling, the incumbent is responsible for providing personal counselling to students with a focus on mental health and addictions issues, and developing psychoeducational group programming and materials.
- Strong commitment and demonstrated ability to working collaboratively as part of a team, and in accordance with all legal and ethical requirements
- Professional registration required to practice psychotherapy in the province of Ontario with the Ontario College of Social Workers and
- Social Services Workers ( OCSWSSW ) or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario ( CRPO )
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills required
Qualification & Experience:
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience assisting students with mental health and addictions issues including knowledge of harm reduction models, education and prevention strategies, and providing group counselling to individuals struggling with drug addiction, alcohol addiction, gambling addiction and/or eating disorders
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counselling Psychology or a related discipline required including a supervised clinical internship
- Minimum 3 years’ recent, relevant experience
Company: Fanshawe College
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: London, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A