Website City of Brampton
City of Brampton currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Government Jobs in Brampton – Senior Coordinator Real Estate for Full Time at their offices in Brampton, ON, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Government Jobs in Brampton – Senior Coordinator Real Estate||Company Name:||City of Brampton||Job Location:||Brampton, ON, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Brampton||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Realty Services, this position is one of a team of real estate project managers and administrators effecting the transactions of various real estate interests required either by the City in connection with capital and non-capital projects, or by external parties to facilitate real estate activities, for the mutual benefit of the City and its citizens.
- Respond to inquiries from Council, staff and the general public concerning the potential disposal, acquisition and use of City-owned real estate.
- Assist with development of real estate policies and procedures to ensure effective management of real estate matters. Prepare GIS based sketches and plans.
- Participate as a member of the Real Estate Coordinating Team and special project teams to ensure the proper coordination, implementation and prioritization of real estate matters.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, the Region of Peel, utility companies, and other public agencies and authorities on real estate matters to lead a project to completion
- Provide market analysis advice with respect to purchase, sale and leasing opportunities.
- Supervise support staff in valuations and report writing.
- Attend Committee and Council meetings, community advisory group meetings, public information centres and meetings with utility/service providers and other levels of government, where appropriate.
- Supervise support staff in the monitoring and enforcing of landlord/tenant obligations pursuant to leases and other occupancy agreements.
- Direct and coordinate contracts with outside consultants, real estate companies and appraisers.
- Manage the delivery of the real estate component for large scale projects, including budgeting, report updates to stakeholders, tracking progress within applicable databases, and delivery of results with respect to project schedule and budget.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and coordination skills with staff and contracted professionals
- Able to obtain and maintain membership in Appraisal Institute of Canada, and/or Real Estate Institute of Canada, and/or International Right-of-Way Association.
- Exceptional communication skills within a team environment, internal department and external stakeholders, political representatives, consultants, contractors, and superior report writing skills
- Proficiency on MS Office suite software
- Right of Way education (International Right of Way Association or equivalent) is an asset
- Knowledge and application of project management methodology, with good administration and budgeting skills
- Post-secondary education in Real Estate, Property Law, Urban Land Economics, or Public Administration; undergraduate degree or higher preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- Additional formal training or accreditation with the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AACI designation) or demonstrated appraisal valuation experience, and/or with the Real Estate Institute of Canada (CLO designation) is an asset
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience delivering real estate projects, including negotiations (acquisitions including capital land acquisitions with deference to relevant Acts and Regulations such as the Expropriations Act, dispositions, commercial leasing), portfolio management, property appraisals, with a municipal or other government real estate office
Company: City of Brampton
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A