Website City of Ottawa
City of Ottawa currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Government Jobs Ottawa – Specialty Senior Sports Arts for Full Time at their offices in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Government Jobs Ottawa – Specialty Senior Sports Arts||Company Name:||City of Ottawa||Job Location:||Ottawa, ON, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Ottawa||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The mandate of Community Recreation & Cultural Programs is to build an inclusive, vibrant, and creative city, unique in identity, and rich in culture. The Service provides strategic vision and innovative leadership in managing customer centric sports and recreation venues and programs, including the management of facilities and/or land for the delivery of indoor and outdoor recreation programs and services, and fosters an environment in which Ottawa’s arts, heritage, festival and event sectors can evolve sustainably.
Under the guidance of a Program Coordinator, you assist in the delivery and development of specialized program areas to ensure participants have a safe and enjoyable camp experience. You provide leadership to coach/lead and supervise programs, specialty programs and camps.
- Understanding the development and recreational needs of children.
- City of Ottawa cash handling procedures.
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Legislated training required by 2010
- City of Ottawa Core Training
- City of applicable Ottawa Parks & Recreation, aquatic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and programming skills
- Experience planning and operating recreation programs for preschoolers, children and/or youth.
- Experience working with preschoolers and/or school age children and/or youth.
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures.
- Programming skills in crafts, sports, games, creative play, stories and music.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to train, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Demonstrates supervisory and strong leadership skills
- Technical skills for the appropriate program
- Ability to accompany and supervise participants in a variety of environments.
- Maintain a fun and safe environment
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage simultaneous demands.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year but less than 2 years of related experience is required; coaching/teaching experience with camps and/or coaching teams; played at least 4 years of competitive sport
Company: City of Ottawa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A