Website City of Ottawa
City of Ottawa currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Government Jobs Ottawa – Summer Student Instructor I for Full Time at their offices in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Government Jobs Ottawa – Summer Student Instructor I||Company Name:||City of Ottawa||Job Location:||Ottawa, ON, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Ottawa||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Under the guidance of a Program Coordinator or other supervisor, you are responsible for assisting with planning and implementing program content and for the instruction, coaching or coordination of introductory specialty sport/art programs and/or summer camps (i.e. tennis, volleyball, hockey camp, dance, art, etc.) to ensure participants have a safe and enjoyable camp experience.
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the work place, and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and City policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated awareness of safety/ security during programs
- Applicable Ottawa Parks & Recreation, policies and procedures.
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Legislated training required by 2010
- Understanding the development and recreational needs of children.
- Must possess the training, experience and knowledge to organize the work and its performance.
- Strong background and understanding of specialty area
- City of Ottawa Core Training
- Demonstrates strong sport/art background in required activity.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, organizational and programming skills
- Physically fit and able to participate in recreation activities.
- May require sport/art specific equipment as required to demonstrate & teach the skills, i.e. dance shoes, helmet, hockey equipment, in-line skates
- Capable of safe lifting techniques
- Demonstrates teamwork and leadership skills with the ability to motivate teams.
- Must be able to relate to children and be a good role model
- Proper attire and footwear
- Must be tactful, kind and patient, calm under pressure
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with preschoolers and/or school age children and/or youth.
Company: City of Ottawa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A