Website Government of Yukon
Government of Yukon currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Government of Yukon Jobs – Deputy Fire Marshal for Full Time at their offices in Whitehorse, YT, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Government of Yukon Jobs – Deputy Fire Marshal||Company Name:||Government of Yukon||Job Location:||Whitehorse, YT, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Government of Yukon||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Reporting to the Director, Fire and Life Safety, this position performs technical and specialized work in the area of fire and life safety, contributing to the effective administration and enforcement of Yukon’s Fire Prevention Act and Regulations. Primary activities include fire inspection and safety code enforcement, fire prevention, fire investigation, fire department support and fire fighter training and public fire safety education. The deputy fire marshal also conducts inspections to ensure compliance with Yukon’s Storage Tank Regulations.
- Ability to effectively utilize a range of computer programs
- Ability to develop and administer fire prevention and fire investigation programs
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and conflict management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, codes and standards
- Knowledge of firefighter health and safety programs and systems
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under high stress and pressure situations
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Understanding of modern firefighting and rescue techniques and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop effective policies, procedures and guidelines
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 Firefighter 1;
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1033 Fire Investigator would be considered an asset.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience interpreting and applying the National Fire Code of Canada, National Building Code of Canada, Storage Tank Regulations, Canadian Standard Association (CSA) B139 – Installation for Oil-Burning Equipment and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 96 Ventilation & Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations.
- Experience to developing policies, procedures and guidelines; and
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation, codes and standards;
- Experience conducting Fire and Life Safety investigations and/or inspections and fire prevention inspections;
Company: Government of Yukon
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whitehorse, YT, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A