Website Grand River Hospital
Grand River Hospital currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Grand River Hospital Careers – Infection Control Practitioner for Temporary at their offices in Kitchener, ON, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Grand River Hospital Careers – Infection Control Practitioner||Company Name:||Grand River Hospital||Job Location:||Kitchener, ON, Canada||Job Type:||Temporary||Job Category:||Grand River Hospital||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
As an integral member of Grand River Hospital, the Infection Control Practitioner (ICP) provides expertise and consultation to meet the needs of an evolving infection prevention and control program. The Infection Control Practitioner reports to the Director of Infection Prevention and Control. The ICP works closely with the patient care programs and supervises the development, implementation, and evaluation of the infection prevention and control strategies for the patient care programs. This includes surveillance activities; outbreak management; acting as a consultant internally and externally; providing education to all levels of healthcare providers and patients; reviewing, selecting and distributing appropriate scientific evidence and best practices; linking with external agencies across the continuum of care; participating in research activities and applying continuous quality improvement principles. The role also includes providing infection prevention and control recommendations for construction and design projects and product evaluation. The ICP will be required to develop and maintain a personal education program that supports continuing improvement in the role. The successful candidate must be willing to travel to all campuses.
- Flexible and able to work effectively with the team with minimal supervision.
- Possesses knowledge of epidemiological principles, statistics, microbiology and infectious diseases.
- Successful completion of an IPAC Canada endorsed basic training course in Infection Prevention and Control.
- Demonstrates skill in computer databases (uses spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint, Internet and literature searches, email comfortably).
- Possesses the ability to act as a resource and problem solve Infection Prevention & Control issues.
- Possesses knowledge of and utilizes the principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Master’s in a healthcare related field preferred
- Consistent and regular attendance required.
- Certification (or eligible for certification) from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CIC).
- Works independently and is self-motivated and self-directed while possessing the ability to work within a team in a collaborative manner.
- Possesses knowledge of and is able to utilize educational principles in program development and teaching.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively articulate the important components of an infection prevention and control program with all levels of personnel/clients.
- Member of the National Infection Control Association (IPAC Canada) preferred.
- Current registration as a regulated health professional in Nursing, Medical Laboratory Technology, or another regulated healthcare profession and/or a Baccalaureate degree in a healthcare related field.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience as an Infection Control Professional in an acute care healthcare setting is preferred.
- Demonstrates expert verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert Infection Prevention & Control knowledge and demonstrates the ability to integrate this knowledge into clinical practice
- Clinical experience and/or has job related experience in a health care field and familiarity with patient care practices in a hospital setting is required.
Company: Grand River Hospital
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Kitchener, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A