Website Grand River Hospital
Grand River Hospital currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Grand River Hospital Jobs Kitchener – Medical Laboratory Assistant, for Full Time at their offices in Kitchener, ON, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Grand River Hospital Jobs Kitchener – Medical Laboratory Assistant,||Company Name:||Grand River Hospital||Job Location:||Kitchener, ON, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Grand River Hospital||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Laboratory Assistant may perform venipuncture and capillary collection, centrifuging, recording and distribution of specimens including specimens that are sent in and referred out. May assist in Hematology and/or Chemistry set up including; slides and bone marrow slide preparation. Other duties may include administering tolerance drinks (glucose, lactose, and xylose), urinalysis basic tests, miscellaneous clerical responsibilities, inventory monitoring and ordering. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize work and respond to urgent unpredictable demands for STAT testing.
- Be knowledgeable in safety practices, and follow safe procedures at all times.
- Perform all quality control procedures and basic troubleshooting when indicated and according to established protocol.
- Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and IQMH accreditation standards
- Report unresolved problems to the Supervising Technologist.
- Communicate effectively with physicians, nurses and other hospital personnel
- Participate in the departments Quality Assurance Program and accreditation compliance plans.
- Demonstrate a professional, respectful and courteous attitude with other staff.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform effectively under minimal supervision
- Must be meticulous in performing repetitive tasks
- Grade 12 or equivalent required
- Good attendance record
- Medical terminology required
- Graduate of a Medical Laboratory Assistant (MLA) Program or a third year student of a Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT)
- Occasional lifting of bulk supplies
- Certification from CSMLS and/or MLPAO is preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous Laboratory Assistant experience is an asset
Company: Grand River Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kitchener, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A