Website City of Calgary
City of Calgary currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Jobs in Calgary – Canadian Police Information Centre for Full Time at their offices in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Jobs in Calgary – Canadian Police Information Centre||Company Name:||City of Calgary||Job Location:||Calgary, Alberta, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Calgary||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
As a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) Operator with Calgary Transit you will be responsible for helping Peace Officers who are in the field with requests related to criminal backgrounds of individuals. Primary duties include:
- Maintain the integrity and security of all systems used in the division.
- Transcribe and analyze information from hard copy into various computer systems.
- Interpret and provide information to Peace Officers to ensure officer and Transit public safety.
- Respond to requests via radio, telephone, and CPIC messages.
- Facilitate information sharing to field personnel and outside agencies (such as Peace Officers, Police, RCMP, and Immigration).
- Access and assess the accuracy of information to assist policies agencies with serious criminal investigations across Canada.
- Enter, audit, monitor, and communicate for investigative purposes, all records to effectively deal with information of persons involved in criminal activity.
- Communicate using a 10-Code system.
- The ability to type 50 words per minute as well as intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to effectively probe for required information along with strong critical thinking and decision making skills.
- You have excellent communication and listening skills.
- An enhanced security clearance will be conducted.
- RCMP fingerprint based security clearance will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous CPIC experience and/or training, or have administrative experience in a policing or related legal (court, criminal law, corrections) environment will be considered an asset.
- A completed RCMP CPIC Operator Certificate will be considered an asset. The successful applicants will be required to obtain this Certification through on site e-learning.
- A High School diploma or equivalency (i.e. GED) and at least 1 year related experience in a law enforcement environment (for example; police, courts, corrections, etc).
Company: City of Calgary
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A