Website Mcmaster University
Mcmaster University currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Mcmaster University Jobs – Chemistry & Chemical Biology for Full Time at their offices in Hamilton, ON, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Mcmaster University Jobs – Chemistry & Chemical Biology||Company Name:||Mcmaster University||Job Location:||Hamilton, ON, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Mcmaster University||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology, with a contingent of 29 full-time faculty members, conducts leading-edge research and top-tier training of undergraduate and graduate students. We offer undergraduate programs in Chemistry, Chemical Biology, and Sustainable Chemistry, including co-operative education options. We offer state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and instrumentation for both education and research, and maintain rich collaborative relationships with many departments across campus.
- Communicate core goods and best sellers to Oversight Committee, as well as customer feedback.
- Write a variety of documents such as procedural manuals, policy documents, correspondence and minutes.
- Ensure merchandise is accurately tagged and secured.
- Facilitate the movement of goods between various on campus locations (e.g. ethanol).
- Provide policy and procedure information to others.
- Maintain and communicate standards regarding use and storage of merchandise and display fixtures and for transporting merchandise between receiving, sales floor, and storage areas.
- Perform regular sales floor maintenance such as filling, organizing, rotating merchandise, and dusting.
- Be familiar with and actively support the store’s loss prevention guidelines and inform security of any suspicious or unusual activity.
- Assist buyers with merchandise returns by preparing accurate paperwork, packaging goods to be shipped and coordinating ship dates with the receiving department.
- Review receiving logs against incoming shipments and follow-up on any issues for resolution.
- Collect, verify and format data for input into a variety of spreadsheets and databases.
- Format, word process, edit and proofread a variety of documents and materials.
- Model high service standards by greeting and actively engaging customers on the sales floor to determine needs, locate products, and make product suggestions.
- Responsible for receiving items; ensure all merchandise has been received in the inventory management system prior to moving it out of the receiving area and into the appropriate storage location.
- Maintain ongoing and proactive communication with Oversight Committee about various issues such as delivery timelines, new arrivals, product placement/ features and sell-throughs.
- Health and Safety training and knowledge is an asset.
- Update, maintain, and verify information in the inventory management system.
- Apply standard mathematical skills such as formulas and equations to perform a variety of calculations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience handling chemical is considered an asset.
Company: Mcmaster University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A