Website City of Ottawa
City of Ottawa currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Ottawa Jobs – Aquatic Waterfront Lifeguard for Full Time at their offices in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Ottawa Jobs – Aquatic Waterfront Lifeguard||Company Name:||City of Ottawa||Job Location:||Ottawa, ON, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Ottawa||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
You are responsible for ensuring the safety of patrons using City beaches and facilities. You monitor the conduct of patrons, prevent accidents and respond to emergencies by administering the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the City of Ottawa and of certifying bodies to ensure the safety and enjoyment of patrons in an aquatic environment.
- Must be familiar with aquatic programs and standards
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
- AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (legislated training required by 2010)
- City of Ottawa Parks & Recreation Core Training is desirable
- Must have knowledge of aquatic programs and standards
- Applicable City of Ottawa Parks & Recreation, Policies & Procedures.
- Must be tactful, kind and patient
- Ability to work in a team setting or independently
- Emergency response skills and knowledge of specialized lifesaving equipment
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills with the ability to manage simultaneous demands
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to operate any required tools/equipment
- Good organization skills
- Must be able to relate to children and be a good role model
- Maintain a fun and safe environment
- Sound judgment in difficult situations
Company: City of Ottawa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A