Shopify currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Shopify Application – Senior Product Designers for Full Time at their offices in Ottawa, On, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Shopify Application – Senior Product Designers||Company Name:||Shopify||Job Location:||Ottawa, On, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Shopify||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
This is an opportunity to join Shopify’s 500+ member UX team and solve challenging problems that impact real people as they grow and maintain their businesses. In this role, you will work collaboratively and build iteratively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, content designers, researchers, and marketers. You’ll deliver world class experiences that make potentially confusing business tasks intuitive and manageable, and empower entrepreneurs world-wide to achieve independence.
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed
- Partner with product researchers to help your team develop empathy for our merchants and advocate for their needs. Data will be just one of the many tools you will use to help inform your work
- Be a mentor to less-experienced designers and make your team stronger. You’ll provide feedback to your peers to help strengthen your team and Shopify as a whole. You will help your teammates build context, strong decision-making skills, and empathy for our merchants
- Collaborate with different disciplines. You will work closely with engineers, product managers, product researchers, and front-end developers to explore, build and ship your designs. You will help other disciplines understand the value design can bring to a project and ultimately build and ship the best products
- Improve the merchant experience. You’ll own projects from start to finish, while leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore merchant problems, content mapping, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews
- Collaborate with multiple teams. Designing for cross-product, cross-platform foundational features, you will be leveraging and incorporating the domain expertise of teams focused on specific merchant workflows
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design)
- Proficiency in interaction design for native mobile and web applications
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Github, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product and engineering
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Ottawa, On, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A