Shopify currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Shopify Internship – Senior Data Engineer for Full Time at their offices in Ottawa, On, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Shopify Internship – Senior Data Engineer||Company Name:||Shopify||Job Location:||Ottawa, On, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Shopify||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Our Data Engineering group builds and maintains the platform that delivers accessible data to power decision-making at Shopify for millions of merchants. We’re hiring high-impact developers across teams:
- The Engine group organizes all merchant and Shopify data into our data lake in highly-optimized formats for fast query processing, and maintaining the security + quality of our datasets.
- The Reliability group operates the data platform efficiently in a consistent and reliable manner. They build tools for other teams at Data Platform to leverage to encourage consistency and they champion reliability across the platform.
- The Data Experiences group builds end-user experiences for experimentation, data discovery, and business intelligence reporting.
- The Analytics group builds products that leverage the Engine primitives to deliver simple and useful products that power scalable transformation of data at Shopify in batch, or streaming, or for machine learning. This group is focused on making it really simple for our users to answer three questions: What happened in the past? What is happening now? And, what will happen in the future?
- Excitement for working with a remote team; you value collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting others in their goals whether they are in your vicinity or entire cities apart.
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand language for our stakeholders.
- Building full-stack applications (Ruby/Rails, React, TypeScript)
- Query optimization, resource allocation and management, and data lake performance (Presto, SQL)
- Modern Big-Data storage technologies (Iceberg, Hudi, Delta)
- Security products and methods (Apache Ranger, Apache Knox, OAuth, IAM, Kerberos)
- Working with the internals of a distributed compute engine (Spark, Presto, DBT, or Flink/Beam)
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Deploying and scaling ML solutions using open-source frameworks (MLFlow, TFX, H2O, etc.)
Qualification & Experience:
- Experienced in building and maintaining systems at scale.
- High-energy self-starter with experience and passion for data and big data scale processing. You enjoy working in fast-paced environments and love making an impact.
- Background and practical experience in statistics and/or computational mathematics (Bayesian and Frequentist approaches, NumPy, PyMC3, etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Ottawa, On, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A