Shopify currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Shopify Internships – Fraud Operations for Full Time at their offices in Ottawa, On, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Shopify Internships – Fraud Operations||Company Name:||Shopify||Job Location:||Ottawa, On, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Shopify||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Within the Shopify Trust Team, the Fraud and Risk Management Team is committed to building trust in Shopify. From detecting high risk patterns of behaviour, to keeping up to date on emerging risk vectors and industry best practices – all with the goal of mitigating losses to both Shopify and merchants – our work is challenging, impactful and constantly evolving. The Fraud and Risk Management team is responsible for overseeing Shopify’s fraud-related policies and procedures in order to identify and offboard bad actors and mitigate loss and reputational damage, all while supporting the growth of legitimate businesses on our platform. As Shopify continues to grow and expand its geographical footprint and develop new product offerings; avenues for fraud and risk constantly evolve and our job is to stay ahead of both existing and emerging trends.
- Overseeing a team of Fraud Analysts.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team members, to identify and address new threats and vulnerabilities.
- Developing and maintaining QA processes for the team.
- Being the subject matter expert in banking fraud prevention strategies and practices.
- Advising leadership on sensitive, nuanced and high profile matters.
- Contributing to the improvement of monitoring systems by proactively reviewing the effectiveness of fraud signals, and staying aware of industry trends in the wider fraud and risk space.
- Ensuring that playbooks and processes are accurately and consistently applied.
- Identifying trends and strategizing on preventative measures for our financial products.
- Onboarding and training new analysts to the team.
- Coaching and development of team members.
- Providing guidance on escalated issues.
- Ensuring analysts are meeting daily and monthly targets and fraud related KPIs.
- Be a proven leader with the ability to motivate and focus team members in a complex, fast paced and high stakes environment.
- Overseeing the day-to-day production of the Fraud Operations team, with ownership of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and issue resolution.
- Continuously fostering and building an environment where your team can thrive.
- Meeting regularly with your peers and your lead to discuss topics specific to fraud and risk management.
- Be a self-starter with a data driven mindset who can keep track of emerging industry trends and Shopify’s existing processes.
- Contributing to the development of fraud & risk detection systems as well as optimizing queues through data analysis and regularly evaluating the effectiveness of the queues.
- Be a quick learner who is able to apply your knowledge and experience to novel scenarios and determine the appropriate course of action in a well-reasoned way.
- Be comfortable with being uncomfortable, and have a collaborative and team-oriented outlook.
- Have the ability to adapt and always be a constant learner (and a sharer of what you have learned!)
- Building an A-team through continuous coaching and development.
- Proactive approach to solving problems. This means you have a hunger to learn and are genuinely curious about the way things work and will efficiently leverage your colleagues and other internal resources to gain context.
- Keen observation skills and a willingness to pitch in. This means you’re a great team player. If you notice some of your teammates are struggling with an issue, you jump in to help.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This means you have the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences about complex situations using plain language.
- Familiarity with industry detective & investigative tools, SQL & reporting.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptualization skills.
- Excellent and proven leadership skills with the ability to set goals and motivate others to drive and achieve company and team aims.
- Incredible organizational and time management skills. You must be self-directed, able to prioritize well, work efficiently, and demonstrate flexibility as workloads and complexity fluctuate with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with additional languages.
- A passion for fraud detection, investigation and mitigation.
- Knowledge of the fraud and risk landscape in banking and fintech, and commitment to staying on top of emerging trends.
- Empathy and the ability to build trust and rapport with team members in order to challenge and facilitate their growth.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4+ years of Banking fraud experience, with 2 of those years in a leadership role.
- Extensive experience coaching direct reports and teams to success.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Ottawa, On, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A