Shopify currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Shopify Jobs – Transportation Operations Analyst for Full Time at their offices in Ottawa, On, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Shopify Jobs – Transportation Operations Analyst||Company Name:||Shopify||Job Location:||Ottawa, On, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Shopify||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
We’re early in our mission to democratize fulfillment, and we take it very seriously. We can’t carry out this mission without growing the capacity of our own team, and with a recent growth spurt, we think now is the perfect time to add a Transportation Operations Analyst to the team.
The team you’d be joining is working at the forefront of an inspiring and complex Shopify product. This team is responsible for transportation operations and execution. We focus on Merchant delight by making our transportation operations faster, more reliable, scalable, greener, and lower cost. Are you someone who can interpret data, who thrives in ambiguous environments, is passionate about transportation operations, and can tackle challenging problems head on? Are you comfortable utilizing data to drive daily execution, diving deep to find the problem and using KPIs/metrics to improve performance? We are looking for someone who can help us understand and drive carrier performance and use their analytic skills to articulate how we can improve overall speed and efficiency across our network. Here is your chance to show off our skills.
- Report weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly carrier performance scorecards capturing on-time pickup, on-time delivery, transit performance and forecast attainment.
- Utilize data to drive transportation execution with our carriers and warehouses, including monitoring and managing daily pick up, in-transit, and delivery performance
- Create reports and data dashboards as requested by upper-level management executives.
- Build a strong collaborative relationship with all internal (Partnerships, Merchant Facing Team, Planning & Operations) and external (3PL Warehouse Operations & Carrier Partners) parties through effective communication, conflict resolution, and compliance management.
- Utilize problem-solving methods to identify opportunities and initiate projects to drive sustainable savings in cost and process improvements while maintaining and improving service levels.
- Analyze data to identify trends and challenges, and use the data to provide insights to drive improvements through operational initiatives while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Communicate business service/cost performance and opportunities to leadership utilizing transportation data to devise clear plans for KPI improvements in improving our speed and reliability across the network.
- Collects, interprets, and analyzes various types of logistics data including transport and delivery of product, fleet efficiency and effectiveness, and other data related to product supply chain management, sourcing, and distribution.
- Developing KPIs and metrics, conducting ad-hoc deep dives to better understand opportunities and gaps.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Tableau and Python are a plus or possess ability to learn quickly in role.
- Excited to build from the ground up and able to create new tools, processes, and metrics.
- Ability to deep dive into operational data while using KPIs and metrics to improve speed and reliability across the network.
- Experience in Last-Mile Deliveries utilizing carriers, including but not limited to USPS, UPS, DHL, and FedEx.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze data sets using excel/google sheets to identify complex issues and develop solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong background in transportation, logistics, or carrier partnership development, preferably in the e-commerce space (last-mile delivery, small parcel).
- Ability to manage initiatives and work cross-functionally to get results.
- Thrives in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment. Ready to jump in anywhere.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience with some problem-solving methodology (e.g., 5Ys, Kaizen, etc.).
- Experience in warehouse operation is preferred
- Demonstrate experience in transportation execution including: track and trace, pickup, and delivery expectations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Ottawa, On, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A