Website City of Vancouver
City of Vancouver currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Vancouver Internships – Cook Grill Worker for Full Time at their offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Vancouver Internships – Cook Grill Worker||Company Name:||City of Vancouver||Job Location:||Vancouver, BC, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Vancouver||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Cook Grill Worker is responsible for preparing light meals and short orders from an established menu. Working in a team environment the successful candidate must adhere to the principles of proper food handling, preparation and storage, prepare various foods including vegetables, meats, soups, salads and baking by following standardized recipes and methods as determined by their direct supervisor. Additionally they may be required to handle cash at times, in order to assist with covering breaks and shift overlaps.
- The Cook Grill Worker will be responsible for the plating and presentation of food to specifications and cooking for a varying number of guests during peak and non-peak times providing consistent results.
- Maintaining a clean kitchen, the Cook Grill Worker is responsible for following hourly, daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules, and performing other related tasks such as washing dishes, pots, pans, storage areas and floors as required.
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service
- Ability to operate, maintain, and clean, standard cooking and kitchen equipment
- Working knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service
- Valid Food Safe and Serving It Right Certifications required
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 kg
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in a similar unionized Food and Beverage team environment is desired
- Valid Food Safe and Serve it Right Certification is required
- Experience cooking for banquet or buffet events
- Experience with preparing and cooking a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner meals
- High school education preferred
Company: City of Vancouver
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A