Website City of Vancouver
City of Vancouver currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Vancouver Job Opportunities – Compliance Analyst for Full Time at their offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Vancouver Job Opportunities – Compliance Analyst||Company Name:||City of Vancouver||Job Location:||Vancouver, BC, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Vancouver||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Reporting to the Supervisor, Vacancy Tax Compliance, the Compliance Analyst I is a member of the Empty Home Tax team within Financial Services and is responsible for conducting audits and reviews of property status declarations and complaints, responding to general enquiries and processing applications. The audit function is a key component of activities to support compliance and consequential effectiveness of the Empty Home Tax Program. The position works under the direction of the Supervisor, Vacancy Tax Compliance to research and make determinations of cases and communicates with the property owner on the outcome.
- Obtains and evaluates evidence in accordance with the evidence requirements (sufficiency and appropriateness) and the objectives of the audit
- Participates and assists with audit sampling following methodology determined by the Manager, Vacancy Taxation
- Participates in testing of upgrades to programs and databases
- Provides a comprehensive rationale to support the audit determination/conclusion. Communicates the audit result to the property owner
- Researches records and data from multiple sources such as property files and a variety of databases
- Responds to enquiries from property owners and the public related to the Empty Home Tax and related City procedures
- Maintains independence and objectivity by ensuring no conflict in interests exist in the audit of files.
- Applies relevant taxation legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Adheres to quality assurance processes and procedures to produce consistent quality of work
- Receives and processes application documents and examines for compliance with all applicable guidelines
- Conducts audits of property status files. Reviews evidence and researches relevant information sources.
- Receives direction and guidance from the Supervisor or Compliance Analyst II on policy decisions for high risk cases.
- General compliance auditing skills in order to analyze and assess key pieces of information/evidence
- Ability to exercise judgement and make objective decisions based on factual information and evidence
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of other respective governmental procedures and external agency processes required to obtain relevant, applicable information; ability to convey this information to staff and/or public
- Ability to develop, document, review and revise formal working procedures and techniques
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with all levels in the organization, and with external clients and business contacts
- Sound knowledge of computer based information systems and applications as related to the work performed
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks and priorities in a changing environment
- Analytical skills in reaching sound decisions and resolving complex problems
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with identifying areas of non-compliance and auditing in a public sector environment is desirable
- Diploma in Accounting or Legal Studies with some experience in auditing systems or processes, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Considerable experience in a regulatory and compliance environment, involving the research and analysis of data, conducting of file investigations, and preparation of information and documents for administrative and legal proceedings is preferred
Company: City of Vancouver
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A