Website Government of Yukon
Government of Yukon currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Yg Jobs – Fuels Management Forester for Full Time at their offices in Whitehorse, YT, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Yg Jobs – Fuels Management Forester||Company Name:||Government of Yukon||Job Location:||Whitehorse, YT, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Government of Yukon||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Wildland Fire Management branch protects life, property and critical infrastructure from wildland fire while facilitating the creation of fire-resilient communities within Yukon. The Fuels Management Forester is responsible for the coordination, planning and management of the forest fuels management program with Wildland Fire Management, Department of Community Services.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills necessary to work independently to provide professional analysis, advice and opinions related to forest fuels management, as well as implement plans and actions that ensure forest fuels management operations are conducted in a responsible manner.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills; and
- Ability to work as a member of a team during high-stress situations;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Collaboration with allied agencies;
- Capacity for decision making in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional relationship building skills;
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Natural Resource Management or other relevant discipline
- Experience interpreting, following, and making recommendations in accordance with forestry-related legislation (Forest Resources Act, Forest Protection Act, Yukon Environmental and Socioeconomic Assessment Act, etc.);
- Experience working in a forestry setting to develop and implement operational plans related to fuels management
- Education, training, or certification in Fire Science, Wildland Fire Behaviour or Project Management would be considered an asset.
Company: Government of Yukon
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whitehorse, YT, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A