Website York Region
York Region currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a York Region Employment – Supervisor, Health Promotion for Full Time at their offices in Unionville, ON, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||York Region Employment – Supervisor, Health Promotion||Company Name:||York Region||Job Location:||Unionville, ON, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||York Region||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Reporting to the Director, Child & Family Health & CNO; is responsible for developing a divisional communication and marketing plan; identifying synergies across programs to promote an integrated communication approach to services delivered to York Region residents; developing and promoting marketing and branding of division programs to the public, agencies and stakeholders across the Region; creating linkages to community programs and link direct service delivery and health promotion activities; overseeing projects related to media applications to market services in a coordinated effort; monitoring public health trends and issues specific to Child and Family Health; and developing and disseminating information across the Division to support collaboration and integration of identified synergies in the delivery of services.
- Supervises staff, including recruitment, selection, hiring, scheduling, assigning and monitoring work, determining training and development needs, coaching and mentoring, conducting performance appraisals and determining/recommending disciplinary action up to and including dismissal in accordance with collective agreements, Regional policies and practices.
- Develops and implements a divisional communication and marketing plan and related initiatives; creates branding materials to improve public awareness and recognition of divisional services; works in conjunction with Departmental and Corporate
- Communicates effectively with community members and other professionals on dissemination of information of health promotion initiatives, materials, and marketing of services in a culturally-appropriate manner.
- Ensures that operating staff work in a safe manner and utilize all required health and safety equipment and protective devices and follow all measures and procedures as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and Regional Policies.
- Provides input into the development of policies and procedures.
- Provides health status, demographic, statistical, programmatic, and scientific information tailored to specific audiences, such as professional, community groups, and general population.
- Conducts environmental scan to identify community assets; analyses data and information to determine gaps and identify course of action to support policy direction, health promotion program and communication initiatives.
- Assists the Manager in developing annual business/work plans and in developing service plans and staffing proposals.
- Promotes the code of conduct, Regional values and HR policies with all staff of the section.
- Knowledge of social marketing and communication principles to create and implement health communication initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to do health promotion planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of population health promotion approach, including determinant of health and health equity.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a public health or health promotion environment with responsibilities for communication planning, health promotion program planning and evaluation, and demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Health Promotion, Social/Health Sciences, Business or related field, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
Company: York Region
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Unionville, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A