Website Government of Yukon
Government of Yukon currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Yukon Government Jobs – Forest Management for Full Time at their offices in Whitehorse, YT, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Yukon Government Jobs – Forest Management||Company Name:||Government of Yukon||Job Location:||Whitehorse, YT, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Government of Yukon||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Forest Management Branch is responsible for management of Yukon’s forest resources and is committed to responsible and sustainable development. The branch is embarking on a continuous improvement process in order to effectively align its resources with the needs of our clients. The department is committed to being an attractive employer to current and new employees in order to provide high quality service to the public.
This position is one of the key members of the Sustainable Resources Division management team responsible for developing and implementing the Forest Resources Act, regulations, policies, programs and services, and leading the provision of forest resources management advice and planning support for other branches, departments, First Nations, stakeholders and the public. A strong emphasis on integrity and professional conduct will contribute to building and maintaining relationships necessary for the success of this position.
- Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their competence according to the standards set within the Yukon Government Core Competency Framework .
- The competition will specifically focus on, but not limit itself to, the following competencies: Demonstrating Client Focus, Thinking Strategically, Influencing Others, Taking Action and Achieving Results
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience leading teams, developing budgets and human resource strategies, preferably in a senior management role within a government setting
- Experience building partnerships within and outside the organization, including First Nations, other governments, members of the public and other stakeholders
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant area (i.e. Natural Resource Management, Public Administration, Management, or a related field)
- Experience in Forest management or other resource management would be a an asset
- Experience leading, managing, developing and implementing programs, strategies, and policies in a client service environment
Company: Government of Yukon
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whitehorse, YT, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A